Thursday, July 7, 2011

Two Tall #4

This is my latest drawing..."Two Tall #4"... I have done this drawing 4 other times. I do like doing a drawing over again as it gives me a chance to change some elements of each drawing...& I do sell them so I will repeat a good "balance" set-up. I feel my small drawings give people a chance to purchase artwork that don't cost too much.... & I get to do a color drawing that isn't a long commitment, as with my other black/white drawings. I enjoy all the cross lines, they are mediation to me, layers of colors filling the background until it melts together as light, air. The colors of the rocks change in each drawing based on this background color & what tension in color I am looking for overall. The rocks rough texture next to the smooth & transparent, glassy look of some the dice. The shapes of rocks, dice balanced, built on each other to form their towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment