Thursday, March 8, 2012

Night to Day

I have a history of getting up before the light of day is here because I want to wittiness the last of the nights shadows gradually fading, then merging with the first  new rays of light. What an artistic privilege it is to live on the edge of the East Coast, in spite of the hurricanes, mostly because the light here is very unique. I am bias about it but,  I feel the light is exceptional,… the luminosity, the brilliance of the sun's light expands, grows in this space because of this enormous  moving mass of the ocean's water. The light is bouncing and jumping around on its waves  and the elements of water  transforms the light in extraordinary ways,... a much different light as it hits the land, buildings, vegetation and the terrible light pollution in our cities,... as the light is absorbed and then distorted. As an early riser, I get my extra dose of energy to paint, so no wonder I am working on a sky series now!



No comments:

Post a Comment