Monday, March 19, 2012

Pure Love

For more than a week; I have been grinding away at painting this sky and along the way I figured out that, I do paint like I draw. If one brush stroke is good then one hundred is great…. even if it’s only the size of my thumb nail. There is no ending in me of stopping this habit of mine. I just keep layering one color  after another or  a different tone of the color…. over and over again, my building process is a slow one. Sometimes it feels like I am covering up what I just painted, and I did, but a minuscule sliver of light or dark is peeking though. I will see an arrangement of brush work that I find irresistible to my eye, but I want more from that space or  maybe; I just love making marks or lines, strokes…. I don’t care what it is called… I love doing it and can’t stop myself.  I stand back looking at my  budding creation and I believe this is why I pick time consuming subjects that will allow me to give into my craving, or love, of being in that highly satisfying creative mode that I acknowledge I have an addiction too!

No comments:

Post a Comment