Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Upside Down

So, I have been working on this sky in my latest painting and I was somewhat pleased with how it was developing, but felt the painting was missing something. That’s when I noticed my brush strokes…very tight…here I was heading in that direction again with this painting. Now that I am using color, I wanted to loosen my style up. My black/white drawings where done in a photo realism style, I had envision that direction because of the lack of color. On to the 2nd something, I felt my clouds where earth bound, not truly high up, floating in my painted sky. After some thought, it occurs to me to flip the canvas over…as the whole perspective changes, I am in the sky! My tight, fixed strokes relaxing and switching over to an impressionist style, the clouds take flight…

No comments:

Post a Comment