Thursday, March 1, 2012

Old is new again.

The last time I did a large drawing was 4 years ago. I have spent the last several years making miniature drawings and a few watercolor paintings for exhibitions and selling. The “Balance” drawing series was around 4 x6 inches. Even “The Sketchbook Project” was small, the paintings were inside a 5 x 7 book. I am taking those small drawings and paintings to bigger size; 8 x 10 to 24 x 36 inches big. I am using acrylic paint on canvas, a familiar medium but one I taken a break from for…a decade plus. Now  I have to dig deep to remember what I used to do, acrylics dry fast, they need additives at times, blending colors to building layers, and all on a  much bigger scale. Currently I have 6 paintings relating to three different series that I am rotating on my easel depending on what I have mixed up on my tray. I wonder how many pieces I should paint on at one time?... Because the world globe that I saved from the garbage on the street, needs some gesso on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment