Sunday, February 26, 2012

Learning Lessons?

There was a time when I felt it was important to just draw, paint or do conceptual sculptures, so I wouldn’t confuse people to the type of art I was creating. My thinking was, by limiting myself in some areas, I would be able to cultivate and focus on my technique in each medium.  As each series was produced, I would learn, grow through my mistakes and successes in the pieces. My overall style strengthen, my personal confidence increased in the art I was creating and exhibiting. Then that big tree fell on my studio/house…my world, my art world came crashing down and the long road of starting over begain. I didn’t worry about art at all, because I was surviving day to day. Several Lessons occurred to me through the years of recovery and the rebuilding process…I learned to embrace change, to shake things up and stop thinking no limits…it all could be for the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment