Friday, January 27, 2012

The Art of Transformation

 Transformation can be a quick process or one that last years to decades…that’s the beauty of transforming one’s body, mind, house, life or even art. Knowing there is going to be a development that hopefully shows growth, a clearer vision or a new take on creating. Years back I just started cranking out theses black and white sketches that lead me to the drawing the series “Grace” and a few other series…… I do love to draw, the marks, lines and shadows but even as much as I adore drawing, I felt I needed to expand myself to painting and color. In many ways this sketchbook and the paintings that will follow have been brewing in my head for years.  I didn’t know at first where my “art” was headed after the hurricane in 2003. I was able to see growth in destruction of my home and my studio..... everything was bound to be affected by this huge tree and this situation. I knew..... how I would be living and what type of art I was making would be revamped because I would be a different person after all the rebuilding was done. I would be transform, as well as my artwork.
After the hurricane, I thought..."this is going to take along time" and it did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment