Friday, January 13, 2012

Do you sketch it out first?


"along the line" by liz greene
Most of the time when I am working I don't  (or didn't) sketch things out first.The planning takes place in my mind and then I would go make something. When I was young, I didn't want to waste my paper, crayons or maybe it was my time....or was it my own expectations that I was going to create something with my hands and it was going to be good. I had thought about the design, layout, colors...now to the fun part. Over the years I have admired artists who take the time to sketch their pieces out. I see that value of those sketches in a way now that  I had rushed through during my youth. The planning process helps you see your mistakes or your better choices. I am learning to sketch out new pieces of artwork.....& everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment